I recently went to Houston for a short holiday. I have been to America a few times but most on the East and West “sides” such as Florida, San Francisco and New York. Many years ago I had also been to Baton Rogue/New Orleans.
I was looking forward to trying out some BBQ and also checking out NASA.
Continue reading Houston
So the Summer Olympics are over for another 4 years – although we still have the Paralympics (and Winter Olympics) to look forward to.
It has been a very successful one for Team GB in terms of medals won. Britain is the 1st country ever to win more medals in a Games following a home Games with 67 medals beating 65 from London 2012. We had success in the usual sports like Cycling and Rowing but also in sports we were not expected to win like Javelin and Trampoline. Team GB won more medals in different sports than any other country – I believe 15 different sports.
As a result of the success, we finished 2nd in the medal table – although you could argue China underperformed and not doing well in sports they usually are good at like gymnastics and swimming. Chances are though, it will be much tougher in Tokyo 2020 to do as well when its likely China will do better, Russia may do better (who knows!) and Japan will probably do better with it being a home Olympics for them.
Continue reading Rio 2016
Here is a simple list of movies released in 2016 which I am looking forward to watch. Looks a good list! (Dates in bracket is release date in UK)
- The Revenant (15 January)
- Deadpool (10 February) Watched
- Triple 9 (19 February) Watched
- London Has Fallen (3 March) Watched
- Zootropolis (aka Zootopia) (25 March)
- Batman v Superman (25 March) Watched
- Eddie The Eagle (28 March)Watched
- Whisky Tango Foxtrot (22 April) Watched
- Captain American: Civil War (29 April) Watched
- X-Men: Apocalypse (19 May) Watched
- The Nice Guys (20 May)
- Independance Day: Resurgance (24 June) Watched
- The Secret Life of Pets (24 June)
- Now You See Me 2 (8 July) Watched
- Ghostbusters (15 July) Watched
- Star Trek Beyond (22 July) Watched
- Jason Bourne 5 (27 July) Watched
- Finding Dory (29 July)
- Suicide Squad (5 August) Watched
- Mechanic: Resurrection (26 August) Watched
- Sausage Party (2 September)
- Bridget Jones’s Baby (16 September)
- Inferno (14 October) Watched
- Jack Reacher: Never Go Back (21 October)
- Doctor Strange (28 October) Watched
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (18 November)
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (16 December) Watched
- Passengers (23 December)
I am a bit late with my usual annual post about the movie I had watched in the year. I had a look at the list of movies I did watch and realised not watched as many as normal – and missed out on several “big movies” – the ones which are in many peoples top 10 movies.
I remember many people said 2015 could be the best year for movies ever. In the end, based on what I watched, it wasn’t. 2016 could be? – wrote a blog post about movies looking forward to in 2016. Continue reading Best movies 2015