Anyone else watching the new CSI show, CSI:Cyber?? I have watched most CSI shows – never really got into CSI Miami but really liked CSI:NY and the “classic” CSI is still pretty good.
This new CSI, is all to do with hacking, the Internet and stuff like that. However, its really bad. There are things which just don’t make sense (which I will go on to) but its characters are very cliche. Asian hacker chick with cool hair, fat hacker dude with beard, ex army/special forces/miltary guy,
However, I can’t stop watching. Let me explain.
The first episode was so full of effects and things whizzing about and zooming in. We get it, its a “cyber” show. They have calmed down on it a little bit.
Now when you watch TVs (or movies) which have a tech theme, there is often things which doesn’t really happen like that in real life but its made more “Hollywood” with nice graphics etc. However, in CSI:Cyber there are so many things which are just wrong/make no sense. It actually doesn’t feel like a CSI show.
And it managed to make Patricia Arquette, who only recently won an Oscar, look rubbish.
Now I am continuing to watch it. Why?? For one, since its a CSI show and has Patricia Arquette in it, it has the potential to get better (and apparently its going to be renewed for 2nd season). And if you want it as a comedy, its better. In a way its good. I have LOLed a few times when its just too stupid. Someone on Reddit actually said “It’s one of the best shows to goof on I’ve seen in a while”.
Anyway, I decided to make a list of things which are just wrong/make no sense:
- IP address which doesn’t exist – wrong “format”. This used to happen on the time in movies/TV shows but they have got better. A show about “hacking” has no excuse
- On CSI: Cyber, dodgy code appears red and the code has stuff like “release malware” in it. LOL
- Although Patricia Arquette’s character isn’t one of the tech experts herself, she works in the department and knows what is possible. But she seems surprised many times on what tech can do.
- The episode was kind of about how people can post things on Internet as if someone else but they didn’t think about this with a suspect who they decided to manhandle and push against a wall – who turned out of course to be innocent.
- They seem surprised that people post negative comments. Clearly never been on YouTube!
- Following/chasing a car and this car goes through a stop sign so just assumed from that they are the “bad guy”. It just turned out if was some rubbish driver.
- Somehow able to work out from phone’s GPS exactly how a fight went and how the people punched/kicked.
- There were surprised how someone could copy someones photo (from a social media site) and put it on their own page.
I will probably be adding to this list as I watch more episodes!