Lyon v United
United played Lyon last night and drew 1-1. It was an OK performance and good to get an away goal. Lyon took the lead with a great goal by Benzema – he is apparently wanted by loads of clubs inc. United.
Not sure about the performance as I was watching the Brits mainly (more of that in abit). It was good though that Giggs played and got 100 caps in Europe. However I have heard that once Scholes and Giggs were subbed for Tevez and Nani we were a lot better.
The Brits were last night and it was OK. Some good performances, some controversy. However it just didnt seem quite as smooth as previous years and I have a few points to bring up …… 🙂 (More of that abit later)
* I am glad that Foo Fighters won – funny acceptance speech by Dave Grohl.
* Not sure how Arctic Monkeys won a couple awards. A completely over-rated band! They turned up all completely drunk (which I suppose you want some for some “rock and roll” behaviour” but they made abit of a fool of themselves. Sharon Osbourne clearly wasnt a fan and could be heard saying “What have they come as!!”.
* Mark Ronson supposed deserved something – even if he doesnt sing!! 🙂
* Also Mika deserved something with his successful year.
* Leona Lewis – not my sort of my music but she does have a very good voice. However, did she mime????
* Kylie was great – as usual. Great performance, looked amazing!
* Sharon embarassed herself. She was on too much. Jack hardly on. Kelly was good – but she does do presenting on tv and radio now so expect her to be OK. Sharon seemed to try too hard and tried to be funny. Maybe she was a bit drunk. Everyone else seemed to be!! There was abit of swearing including some when Vic Reeves came on to present an award (and bombed!!) he forgot what the award was for. Sharon had a go at him to and told him to get on with it and grabbed the card from him. She kept calling him a pi**head!! LOL Dear me.
* Ozzy was hardly on!! He said about 3 lines!! Ozzy is a legend and should have been on more!!
* Amy Winehouse – looked like she needed to go to the toilet and seemed to forget some lines. (I am one of the few who is not really the biggest Amy Winehouse fan). I think she wasnt quite ready to perform as didnt look that comfortable.
I suppose we dont want the boring American type award shows but at times it was abit of a messy!! Thought it was better last year when Russell Brand presented.
The full list of winners:
Best British male: Mark Ronson (it was either going to him or Mika. Also who is Richard Hawley!!!)
Also nominated: Jamie T, Mika, Newton Faulkner, Richard Hawley
Best British female: Kate Nash (would have liked KT Tunstall to win. PJ Harvey is nominated EVERY year!)
Also nominated: Bat For Lashes, KT Tunstall, Leona Lewis, PJ Harvey
Best British album: Arctic Monkeys – Favourite Worst Nightmare (anyone but them!!)
Also nominated: Leona Lewis – Spirit, Mark Ronson – Version, Mika – Life In Cartoon Motion, Take That – Beautiful World
Best British group: Arctic Monkeys (Girls Aloud should have won!!! 🙂 )
Also nominated: Editors, Girls Aloud, Kaiser Chiefs, Take That
Best British breakthrough act: Mika (properly about right)
Also nominated: Bat For Lashes, Kate Nash, Klaxons, Leona Lewis
(Winner chosen by BBC Radio 1 listeners)
Best British live act: Take That (Muse always nominated!! I have heard Take That do a good show)
Also nominated: Arctic Monkeys, Kaiser Chiefs, Klaxons, Muse
(Winner chosen by BBC Radio 2 listeners)
British single: Take That – Shine
Also nominated: Leona Lewis – Bleeding Love, Mika – Grace Kelly, Mark Ronson Ft Amy Winehouse – Valerie, The Hoosiers – Worried About Ray
International male solo artist: Kanye West (Bruce Springsteen nominated!!!?!?!)
Also nominated: Bruce Springsteen, Michael Buble, Rufus Wainwright, Timbaland
International female solo artist: Kylie Minogue (YES!!)
Also nominated: Alicia Keys, Bjork, Feist, Rihanna
International group: Foo Fighters (WOOHOO!!)
Also nominated: Arcade Fire, Eagles, Kings of Leon, White Stripes
International album: Foo Fighters – Echoes, Silence, Patience & Grace (WOOHOO!!!!)
Also nominated: Arcade Fire – Neon Bible, Eagles – Long Road Out Of Eden, Silence, Patience & Grace, Kings of Leon – Because Of The Times, Kylie Minogue – X
Critics’ choice: Adele (Shes alright I guess)
Outstanding contribution to music: Sir Paul McCartney